Today I took Audrey for her very first check-up. To my delight, she did amazin
gly well. I just knew it was going to be as bad, if not worse than her first haircut. I picked her up from daycare around 11:00 and we were on our way. She didn't ask me any questions until I parked the car. She said to me, "What is this place?" I told her that she had to see the dentist, but everything would be just fine, and it wouldn't hurt a bit. As we were walking to the door, she said that she didn't need the dentist, that her teeth felt fine. While we were waiting our turn, she had a death grip on me, and kept repeating "I want to go home".
This dentist is truly kid friendly. Dr. Baldy, is precious, she has her entire office decorative to the tee, and has many activities for kids of all ages. After being called back to the second waiting room, Audrey loosened up a little. She actually played with some the games. When her name was called, her big blue eyes became really large, and the look of terror was too much f
or words.
To my total surprise, Audrey sat in that chair, and followed every command of her wonderful hygienist, Julissa. She opened wide, had her teeth brushed, buffed, shined, and even flossed. For all her good behavior, Audrey got to choose two new toothbrushes. She chose a Little Mermaid and a Belle. After Julissa finished cleaning her teeth, we waited for Dr. Baldy. Audrey got a little antsy by this time, so I had to step out for only a minute or two. According to Dr. Baldy, Audrey has wonderful teeth and has been doing an exceptional job with her hygiene. I cannot be more proud of my baby girl. Good job little bit, you did great, I love you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment