Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet BabyI can hardly believe it was just three short years ago today at 9:29 a.m. that god gave me the most precious gift of my life. My sweet little girl is 3 years old and I can hardly believe it. This morning I told her as I held her how on the day she entered this world and into my life was my happiest day ever. I told how much she is loved by me, her daddy, and so many more. I told her how special she is to her Mommy and Daddy. Same as last year...I cried as I was talking to her. Audrey wiped my tears and said to me, "Mommy, what's wrong? Don't cry, it's my Happy Birthday." Wow, this little girl is so deeply in my heart.

My goodness how she has grown in just a year. Last year at this time she was still in diapers, still wanting a bottle, and saying more words than the year before. This year she is totally potty trained, no longer wanting the bottle and will carry on a conversation as if she were 13 years old. This past year Audrey has learned so many new things. She knows her ABC's, and knows a word for each letter. She knows and recites her address to me almost on a daily basis. She knows locations of her favorite stores, parks, friends cars, and so much more. For the past few weeks, Audrey has been sleeping all night in her "Big Girl Bed". She isn't shy to let me know that she can dress herself in the mornings because she isn't a baby any longer. While her choice of outfits are a bit on the Punky Brewster side, I do let her do this...sometimes.

We celebrated her 3rd birthday this past Saturday along with family and friends. We started around noon for our Easter dinner, and began her party at 2:00. I chose a large "3" decorated with an Easter rabbit and whole bit. I doubt I will have the pleasure of choosing her cake next year...she is sure to have her own ideas. We had an Easter Egg hunt with all of her neighborhood friends, we played in the backyard on her swing set, and blew lots of bubbles. All her friends received a chocolate bunny as a party favor. This was a party that I hope Audrey will remember for along time. Her daddy video taped all day, so if she should forget, she will have his movie clips to use as reminders.

Thank you to all of our family and friends who came to help celebrate Audrey's big day, and for all the wonderful gifts Audrey received. We are so grateful to have all of you in our lives, and we thank God for each and everyone of you. Here are a few pictures of her special day.

No comments: